Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine's Day Card for my Daughter

As I mentioned, my daughter, Jenna, is a huge Alice in Wonderland fan! So, in my last post I shared a shadow box I made her featuring Marci in Wonderland and Mad Hatter Luka. Today, I'm bringing Marci Queen of Hearts out to play. Even though the Shadowbox and my card are completely different, I hope they coordinate ...

Here is my card ...


I started with a card blank from American Crafts. Then I added a black embossed layer. I don't think you can see it very well but I used an Anna Griffin embossing folder. Then I layered the two pieces of My Minds Eye Paper and heat embossed Happy Valentine's Day with Whispers Opaque Black Embossing Powder.


Next up is the adorable Marci in Wonderland stamp from La La Land Crafts. I colored her with my Copic markers as follows: skin E00, E21, R20 ... Hair E17 and E18, reds R35, 37 and 39, Grays N0 and N1 and gold Y23 ... I did add quite a bit of Wink of Stella but I don't think you can really see it in the photos.


I added black ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, three roses I cut using La La Land Crafts dies and three black pearls from Martha Stewart!


On the inside of my card I added a pretty Key brad and stamped Happy Valentine's Day with my Judikins stamp and Versamark ink, followed by Zing Glitter Finish Embossing Powrder. I signed it with a black Sakua Gelly Roll pen ...



That's it! It's ready to go! And on time even! Lol I'm such a procrastinator!

Thank you for stopping by ...

Hugs,
Kimberly 

2 comments:

  1. Love! Thanks for sharing on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJ! I'm so glad you like it! It was an honor to be a Guest Blogger for you! Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete