Wednesday, February 19, 2014

La La Land Crafts Castle Shadowbox

Hi everyone! I'm super excited about this next project! I used La La Land Crafts Castle, Dragon, Sassy Princess and several of their dies to complete my castle!


First, I colored my images with my Copic markers. Then I assembled and painted the base with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive and Martha Stewart's Wild Blueberry Acrylic paint. 


Next, I sprayed the castle pieces with Tattered Angels Chalkboard in Cornflower and Perfect Pearls Mist perfect pearl. Once they were dry, I used my Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive to glue them together.


Next, I added Recollections Rhinestone Stickers across the top. Then I chose my background paper. It was a tough choice! I knew I wanted to use Prima Marketings Fairy Flora collection ... but all the papers are so pretty I had a hard time deciding! In the end I used a piece called Garden Party. I used Mod Podge Matte Paper to adhere the paper to the back.


After that I cut the Heart Banner die, the Crown die and the Butterfly die... All from La La Land Crafts.



Once I made up my mind on colors and papers, it all came together very quickly! I love this little castle and I hope you do too!

Hugs,
Kimberly




3 comments:

  1. I love the castle, Kimberly! Marci looks adorable, and your coloring is gorgeous, as always! :)
    You are just so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJ! So glad to see you stopped by! Thank you so much for your very kind and generous words! You've made my day! Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete
  2. Loving your castle! The paper you used for the background is beautiful, it really fits in! The princess is such a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete