Friday, June 17, 2011

Heritage Day 4th Grade Project



Well! I sure have been busy! My daughter's 4th grade class was having Heritage Day today. My daughter, Jaimie, wanted to do an extra-credit project using the Cricut. She had to include a page of words that described her country. She chose to do Portugal. I used my Imagine and the Birthday Bash font to cut the green letters and my Expression with Markers to create the title ~ although I can't remember what font we went with in the end ...


Our diorama was done on the Cricut ... I was surprised how many different cartridges I was able to use! I didn't think I liked Pop-Up Neighborhood but WOW! I sure was grateful to have it for this project! We also used Create-a-Critter, Paper Dolls, Just Because Cards, Imagine More Cards and French Manor ...


I used Glossy Accents to highlight the windows and the bathtub and pop dots on the couches ... I inked all the edges to try and add dimension ... We had a lot of fun creating this together! I used the Gypsy to create all the images ... On the outside we also included a wheelbarrow, a pick-up truck, tractor and a boat ... We also included a sign to "Welcome" you to Portugal and a Hot Air Balloon because that was my favorite image on the Pop-Up Neighborhood cartridge :) If we had more time, I'm sure we could have included a lot more but all in all, I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out! I was surprised to see that Jaimie was the only one to do a diorama! I hope she will get a good grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment